Welcome to the MBBC Blog

Welcome to the official blog of the Millett Bible Baptist Church. I hope you are able to find enrichement and worth in your life through the postings made on this site. Please make sure to visit our main site at http://www.millettbbc.org/.We are a Baptist Church by name and a Bible Church by action. Please take a walk on this spiritual journey called life with us as we further our quest of truth in the name of Jesus Christ.We believe in a positive approach to the issues of life and we find the answers to be in the Bible. The Bible contains the answer to life, and they are free for the taking, all you have to do is open it to begin unlocking the rich life God has set for you.

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What Makes One Great?


I can read, but I am not a scholar.

I can strum guitar, but am no master.

I can turn a wrench, but I am not a mechanic.

I can talk to people, but not always relate to them.

I can type, but have many typos.

I can tell of Jesus, but still get nervous.

I can sing a song, but it comes out flat.

I can stand boldly, yet fall spiritually.


What makes someone great? We all have things that we may be good at but we still have failures. We say things to ourselves like, "If only I could...", or "If I had the talent that 'so and so' has, then I could...". Life can become a big period of procrastination because we repeatedly tell ourselves what we can't do instead of doing what we can.


Last Sunday everyone of our services had something to do with Abraham. The more studying that went into one service, the more material came out of it until there was an entire days worth of 'good stuff' to share from this guy. In the midst of studying I found myself saying, "If I could only have had this kind of faith then maybe God could use me like he did Abraham." For just a moment I imagined what it would be like to be one of God's most used people and what it would take for God to chose to use someone that greatly. Then something hit me; I am better equipped than Abraham! YOU are better equipped than Abraham!


Abraham did not have a copy of scripture. Abraham did not have a local church to attend that gave him a weekly recharge and instilled hope. Abraham did not have a computer with an entire internet to let him explore the goodness of God through Biblically based evangelistic websites. Abraham did not have a radio that produced praise music, or Christian programming for him to listen to. There is only one thing that Abraham had that made him great... FAITH! If you have that, then you are just as equipped as Abraham was. Romans 4.20-21 says, "He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God and being fully persuaded that, what he had promised, he was able also to perform.”


Abraham did not have an evangelistic ministry, a radio show, or a website, but he changed to world with faith. "By grace you are saved through FAITH..." (Ephesians 2.8). Take your faith, and use the resources God has blessed you with and change your world for Christ.

No comments: