Welcome to the MBBC Blog

Welcome to the official blog of the Millett Bible Baptist Church. I hope you are able to find enrichement and worth in your life through the postings made on this site. Please make sure to visit our main site at http://www.millettbbc.org/.We are a Baptist Church by name and a Bible Church by action. Please take a walk on this spiritual journey called life with us as we further our quest of truth in the name of Jesus Christ.We believe in a positive approach to the issues of life and we find the answers to be in the Bible. The Bible contains the answer to life, and they are free for the taking, all you have to do is open it to begin unlocking the rich life God has set for you.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Life is Good; Eternal Life is Better


Standing in the line at the Secretary of State is never on the top of someones "Best time of my life list" as the lines are often long and the wait is painfully boring. Yesterday I was, however, one of the many who were there; along with my 4 year old son, and 2 year old daughter. Amid the drone of the crowd and the counter clerks helping others, there was another more familiar sound of music. Nothing too pronounced but still very noticeable. I soon discovered it was coming from beneath me. It was my son singing his favorite song: "Life is good; eternal life is better. Life is good; eternal life is better..." and so on. The song is catchy and has a fun rhythm and he sings is often, including... the Secretary of State office of all places.


I couldn't help but smile. It occurred to me then that while I had been dreading the trip to the overcrowded and intensely boring line, there was still a song to be song and a message to be told. As Jesus told his disciples to "suffer the little children to come unto me" this may be some of what he had in mind; 2,000 years later the fruit of a child coming to Jesus would begin a ministry to people in a place notorious for causing anxiety and discourse.


I did not shush my son nor did I tell him to sing louder. I simply told him, "That's right. Eternal life is better and people need to know about it." He continued singing most of our stay; repeating the opening line over and over. When we had received our number and took a seat in the waiting area we sat next to a man who works at the gas station we frequent. With the song still on repeat we got into conversation and discovered that he too is a Christian. His number was soon called. No one came to sit next to us for the rest of our time, but all heard that their life may be good, but eternal life was better.

1 comment:

mjbjer333 said...

That is great! Missionary in the making!